What is a pre-owned smartphone? How is it different from a refurbished one?
You will agree with the point that not everyone will be able to purchase the latest devices which tend to be among the most expensive ones available in the market. Advanced gadgets always come with a hefty price tag when you buy them directly from the manufacturer. Fortunately, this is not the only option that you can go for!
People these days are looking out for second-hand devices. This is especially applicable to smartphones. Not only are they cheaper, but you also get a warranty for the deal. However, did you know that there are two different concepts in this also? This is where we will talk about refurbished smartphones and pre-owned phones:
- Refurbished phones - These are devices that were previously owned and then returned to the manufacturer or any other company that performs the repairs and diagnostics to put them back in a working condition. After being fixed and repackaged, the phone is resold on the market at a cheaper cost.
- Pre-owned phones - These are gadgets that have been resold by a private seller after being used for a certain period of time. In this case, the smartphone is not repaired by any company or service provider, and the phone directly goes to the new owner. This is the reason why people get a major price drop on such devices. You might also come across certified pre-owned devices that are verified from a trusted source.
How to shop for refurbished smartphones?
There are many things that you have to keep in mind while buying a refurbished phone. Being a customer, you always have to be sure that the product that you are choosing is of the best quality. For this, we have made a quick checklist that you can keep in mind while buying refurbished versions of new phones!
- Always buy from a reliable seller - There are many service providers available online as well as offline, offering refurbished phones. However, you'll always have to be careful while choosing a service provider. This is because even after stating that the phone is certified refurbished, there are very few chances of the gadget working in a perfect manner. If you are in Australia, Mobile Guru is among the best online platforms that you can go for where you will always get certified products at a great value.
- Choose Grade A refurbished phones - Refurbished mobiles usually go through a lot of testing and investigations to identify and verify their quality. Based on this, the device is categorised into three grades. So, if you are looking for a refurbished phone, always go for Grade A phones that look almost like a brand new phone but at a cheaper cost.
- Check the return policy for the mobile phone provider - Whenever you buy refurbished phones, one thing that you always need to keep in mind is to look for the return policy of the online or offline store so that they do not ask any questions if you have to return the phone. This is incredibly important because the refurbished phone could have aged well and might show issues even after being treated.
- Get a good value for your money - Online platforms like Mobile Guru offer impressive deals on their refurbished phones. These exclusive offers are to provide the best value for your money. For example, in some instances, you might come across additional freebies that come with the phone, such as headphones, a battery charger, a protective case, a USB cable or more. Do not miss out on these!
- Battery life - People who are going for an iPhone should always look for battery life. Avoid buying refurbished phones with a battery life of less than 80%. A good battery life implies a "good maximum battery capacity" and a "good peak performance capability".
Are you planning to upgrade yourself with the new phone? Go for refurbished phones from Mobile Guru, where you can sell your old phone and get another device at a reasonable cost. Call the dedicated team at Mobile Guru on 1300 362 017 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more about the quality of refurbished phones!