Why Did Apple Introduce the iPhone SE?
The iPhone SE is the ideal choice if you are looking to buy a low-cost iPhone. Apple launched this “entry-level” iPhone model to cater to customers who want an iPhone but are constrained by their budget. Apple has always been considered a premium brand and all its products are top-of-the-line gadgets. With the iPhone SE, Apple has made a focused effort on the mid-cap market segment that is extremely price sensitive.
All models of iPhone SE have been successful, helping Apple bring new customers to its ecosystem and use its services like Apple Music, Apple Arcade, AR Apps, and Apple TV+. This has also led to the faster consumption of iCloud, prompting users to take additional and paid services. This is over and above the cost of the phone and has opened a stable and long-term revenue stream for Apple.
The Top Reasons to Buy the iPhone SE
Like all good products and services both Apple and the customer benefit with a win-win scenario. Here are some of the reasons that you should buy a new or refurbished iPhone SE:
- Cost: The iPhone SE is an entry-level Apple phone and a new or refurbished iPhone SE costs less than other models. It gives you a choice and incentive to switch from Android to iOS without breaking the bank. Whether you are a first-time iPhone buyer or a user of the older model of iPhone, you can switch to iPhone SE to get the ultimate user experience at an affordable cost.
- Connectivity: The first and second-generation iPhone SE have 4G LTE connectivity. The third-generation iPhone SE supports 5G connectivity. As 5G is still being rolled out in Australia, you can consider buying the first and second-generation iPhone SE, which will be good for the foreseeable future.
- Vintage feel: The iPhone SE has a retro feel that old-time iPhone users will love. It has similar design elements of the older Apple phones such as the iPhone 6, 6S, 7 or 8. This includes the iconic features of the earlier iPhones, such as the round home button and the fingerprint unlocking of the phone. It comes in Midnight, Starlight and Red colours.
- High processing power: The real game changer is its high processing power. Earlier SE models have the A13 Bionic and iOS 13 while the latest model has the A15 Bionic chip that gives it the same power and high speed as the top-end and newer Apple phones like iPhone13.
Essential Specs of the iPhone SE
While there are many reasons to buy iPhone SE, the solid build of this compact phone adds to its appeal to users. With the iPhone SE, you get:
- Chip: The chip is at the heart of your phone and its processing power determines the speed, connectivity and ease of use. You can use various apps and features of the phone and effortlessly switch between them. The second generation iPhone SE has the A13 bionic chip, while the third generation iPhone SE has the A15 bionic chip that is used in iPhone 13.
- Storage: The iPhone SE comes with the option of 4GB, 128GB and 256GB storage. That is enough space to store your photos and videos. You can also sync the phone with iCloud to keep it light and with extra storage.
- Camera: The iPhone SE has a single lens 12 MP rear camera and a 7MP front camera. It supports 4K video recording along with depth control and portrait mode.
- iOS updates: While Apple has not committed it, experts are sure that you will get various iOS updates to your iPhone SE for years to come. This will keep your phone at par with iPhone 13, which uses the A15 bionic chip too.
The Appeal of the iPhone SE
The iPhone SE is not meant for the premium segment of the market that buys the latest iPhones or the top-end models of every iPhone iteration. It is designed for the high volume and high stake mid-segment where Android phones rule the roost. That is changing with the introduction of the iPhone SE as now the users have an option of buying an iPhone at the same price.
Purchasing an iPhone will allow you to enjoy the various Apple services and access its ecosystem. The phone boasts of various features and is a high-performing budget phone in its segment, comparable to or better than most Android phones. Other great and appealing features of the iPhone SE are its solid body, compact build, bright screen and colour accuracy. You will also find that audio quality is good with loudspeakers and decent endurance of battery. Along with a reliable camera, Haptic Touch, wireless charging 4G/5G coverage and Touch ID, this phone is the complete package.
Limitations of iPhone SE
While there are many reasons to buy iPhone SE there are also some limitations that you should be aware of. If you are used to bigger displays and larger phones, you may find the display of the iPhone SE small that does not accommodate all your apps. The camera is basic and does not have a night mode. Additionally, the screen refresh rate is 60Hz, as is the touch sampling rate. If you are switching from Android to iOS , you may find the unfamiliar territory restricted and filled with limitations. Also, the device does not come with a charger and you have to buy it separately.
Where Can I Buy a Refurbished iPhone SE?
If you wish to buy a refurbished iPhone SE or any other model of the iPhone, you can check our website. Mobile Guru is a leading seller of refurbished phones in Australia. We offer up to 24 months of warranty for every device we sell and same-day shipping. For order assistance or queries, you can call us on 1300 362 017 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.